|Browse all patches|
Patch to (finally) close #103520
Adds two new button layouts to Crux: Complete and Complete (Inverse)
Complete: close == shade iconify maximize menu Complete (Inverse): menu maximize iconify shade == close
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
Index: sawfish/themes/Crux/theme.jl =================================================================== --- sawfish/themes/Crux/theme.jl (Revision 4294) +++ sawfish/themes/Crux/theme.jl (Arbeitskopie) @@ -41,20 +41,21 @@ :after-set (lambda () (rebuild-all))) (defvar Crux:button-themes '((default - ((close-button) - . (iconify-button maximize-button shade-button))) + ((close-button) . (iconify-button maximize-button shade-button))) (platinum ((close-button) . (maximize-button shade-button))) (macos-x ((close-button maximize-button iconify-button))) (windows - ((menu-button) - . (iconify-button maximize-button close-button)) + ((menu-button) . (iconify-button maximize-button close-button)) ((menu-button))) (next ((iconify-button) . (close-button)) - ((iconify-button) . (close-button))))) - + ((iconify-button) . (close-button))) + (complete + ((close-button) . (shade-button iconify-button maximize-button menu-button))) + (complete-inverse + ((menu-button maximize-button iconify-button shade-button) . (close-button))))) (defcustom Crux:button-theme 'default "Display title buttons to mimic: \\w" @@ -64,7 +65,9 @@ (platinum "Mac OS Platinum") (macos-x "Mac OS X") (windows "MS Windows") - (next "NeXTSTEP")) + (next "NeXTSTEP") + (complete "Complete") + (complete-inverse "Complete (Inverse)")) :group (appearance Crux) :after-set (lambda () (reframe-all)))
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviously your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- Please vote with: vote: yes., vote: no., vote: let's try in experimental., vote: pondering. or wait for next release.
- vote: yes. Yes. Adds more functionality. Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 19:55, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. comitted. rev4303 Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 20:54, 19 November 2008 (UTC)