|Browse all patches|
Author[edit | edit source]
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
I can't find in the EWMH specs how should be managed a window with _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR property enabled, but in this email http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-July/msg00002.html is stated that a toolbar should be decorated by the toolkit not the window manager.
Patch testing[edit | edit source]
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
Patch[edit | edit source]
--- sawfish-1.3.3/lisp/sawfish/wm/frames.jl 2007-07-29 11:45:04.000000000 +0200 +++ sawfish-1.3.3-local/lisp/sawfish/wm/frames.jl 2008-04-05 16:51:51.610555185 +0200 @@ -156,10 +156,10 @@ (dock . icon) (utility . default) (shaded-utility . shaded-transient) - (toolbar . utility) - (shaded-toolbar . shaded-utility) - (menu . utility) - (shaded-menu . shaded-utility) + (toolbar . unframed) +;; (shaded-toolbar . shaded-utility) + (menu . unframed) +;; (shaded-menu . shaded-utility) (splash . unframed)) "Frame type fallbacks.")
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection[edit | edit source]
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviosuly your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- vote: yes. As the author I would say yes as it fixes at least one application (Screenlets), but don't know if it breaks something else. - Aav 15:14, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. Hmm, yeah I also say yes. Since It solves the problem I've found, furthermore I didn't discover problems with other apps. - Christopher Bratusek 19:27:45, 10 April 2008 (UTC +0200)
- vote: yes. With the menu type windows also unframed, this fixes GNUstep's menus as well, and I haven't run into any problems. - Harald van Dijk 21:05, 13 May 2008 (CEST)
- vote: yes. Patch applied, thanks (r4229). Janek Kozicki 14:26, 4 August 2008 (UTC)