|Development quick access|
Rep-GTK is a gtk+ (and glib, gdk) binding to the librep, and one of the backend of sawfish.
Rep-gtk development was restarted in mid 2008 by User:Flashrider after years of halt.
Go to Download.
All what we need for sawfish is implemented, but rep-gtk is TOTALLY outdated, and it's limiting us: no real pango, no cairo, no gtkbuilder, no treeview, no combobox, not all glib stuff.
Status Updated (0.90.0): Basic GtkBuilder support, Beginning of GtkTreeView
If you're interested, please join us!
Because it's outdated, we need to settle a minimum GTK+ and then try to implement its API. Gtk version 2.12 will be moderate. This is a lot of work so don't expect any early results.
As soon as GTK+ 3.0 is out rep-gtk-2.90 will be branched which will lead to a 3.0 further down the road.
Rep-GTK 3.0 is (hopefully) based on r-wrap, a g-wrap port to librep, which Alexey I. Froloff will work on, as he find free time. Anyhow you might join him when he's starting.
Bindings to keep:
- glib (full bindings)
- gtk+ (including the gtkbuilder in favour of libglade)
Bindings to add:
- cairo (gtk+ uses cairo already a long time)
- pango (full bindings)
Bindings we might think about (after the above is done):
- dbus (for intercommunication, eg sawfish-ui with sawfish-client with sawfish (...))
- gconf(or it's probably upcoming succesor for GNOME3.0)
Rep-gtk had bindings for libgnome (and related) and libglade, but they are removed from 0.18.4, since removing the old libgnome cruft is strongly recommend. See ProjectRidley on the GNOME Homepage.
- Well, it's not planned to move sawfish from rc-file to gconf, but having rep-gconf might free the configuration / sawfish-ui-custom file from too many 3rd-party-script values, as they make it harder to find bugs in those files, as there are already myriads of options in standalone sawfish.